We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This recipe is healthier than chocolate fudge and just as tasty.
60 people made this
- 340ml (12 fl oz) evaporated milk
- 600g (1 1/3 lb) caster sugar
- 30g (1 oz) butter
- 275g (10 oz) fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Butter a 23x23cm (9x9 in) dish.
- Combine milk, sugar and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; boil. Stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Heat, stirring constantly, to between 235 and 240 C, or until a small amount of the mixture dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface.
- Remove from heat and quickly spread in prepared dish. Let cool before cutting and serving.
Secrets to fudge success
Read our Making perfect fudge article to learn a few secret tips and tricks to making perfect fudge every time.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(31)
Reviews in English (29)
i have just made this recipe after being in york for the day. they have a fudge shop called the 'fudge kitchen'. they say that to get fudge to set smoothly is to work it until the fudge temp and table temp are the same, only then will it set. also - working it breaks down the sugar crystals and makes it really smooth. i defy anyone that does this to say that their fudge has not set!!!!-05 Jun 2012
DO not make this fudge - I have made fudge before and it should have set once it reached softball but it didn't. I think the fruit adds too much moisture. I hadn't read reviews as I found this on my phone and it did have 3 stars. wish I could give it 0 stars!-15 Nov 2011
Seriously a waste of money, time and energy. I followed this recipe to the letter and have ended up with thick strawberry soup. It looks nothing like the deceptively perfect image shown above. Money down the drain, folks. Zero stars, not one.-14 Mar 2012
Strawberry Jello Powder: Because of the jello powder, there is no need to add any food coloring. The powder is already pink to give the fudge its lovely color. You will only use a couple of tablespoons of the powder, so be aware that you will have some leftover.
Evaporated Milk: This is sometimes referred to as ‘unsweetened condensed milk’. It is different than sweetened condensed milk, which contains added sugar.
White Chocolate Chips: Look for white chocolate baking chips.
Vanilla Wafers: Whole wafers will be the middle layer of strawberry shortcake fudge. You will also add some crushed wafers on top. If you want to make your own cookies, I have a vanilla wafer recipe here .
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- A few drops red food color
- 2 cups premium white chocolate chips
- Red sugar sprinkles, optional
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- 1 1/2 Cup powdered sugar, preferably Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cups heavy cream
- 2 1/4 Cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups premium white chocolate chips
- 1 (5 oz) package dried strawberries
Place 2 sheets of parchment paper crossways in a 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch baking pan. Ensure an overhang of paper. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
Combine all ingredients (except white chocolate chips and strawberries) in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir continuously with heat resistant spatula.
Once boiling keep stirring for 5 more minutes while maintaining an even low to medium boil.
Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips.
Don’t pour in pan yet as the strawberries will float to the surface. Stir occasionally until you notice that strawberries no longer migrate to surface.
Wait at least 4 hours before cutting. You can place fudge in refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
Steps to make Strawberry Fudge
Melt the white chocolate
Place 24 oz white chocolate chips or 28 oz pure white chocolate in a bowl and melt either in the microwave or on the stove.
Stir in remaining ingredients
Add 11.75 oz strawberry sauce, 1 tsp of lemon juice, and pinch of salt to the melted white chocolate. Stir well until fully combined.
Pour fudge into a pan
Pour the strawberry fudge mixture into a non-stick 8 inch square baking pan lined with foil.
Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours until firm.
Once solid, remove the fudge from the pan and peel off the tin foil.
Cut into squares
Cut the fudge into 36 equal squares.
Serve immediately or store by wrapping the fudge in wax paper and placing it in a zip lock bag or airtight container and placing in the refrigerator or freezer.
This Strawberry Fudge makes a sweet and delicious Valentine’s Day treat. Try making it soon and remember to tag #cookmerecipes if you post pics of your romantic recipes!
Lilly is an enthusiastic and cheerful young mom. She knows as well as any parent that children can be really picky when it comes to food. And she’s had plenty of experience trying to cook meals that are both tasty and nutritious, and able to satisfy the tastes of a fussy kid right away! To save you some precious time, Lilly's going to share with you all the tricks she learned the hard way, so you don’t have to! She has a wealth of recipes for quick and easy meals for kids and families on a budget.
- &ndash This is just a fantastic staple recipe for the fudge-enthusiast. I love everything about it, it&rsquos just so smooth and creamy! &ndash If you haven&rsquot tried this easy fudge recipe with pecans, you don&rsquot know what you&rsquore missing&ndashit&rsquos like paradise on your tongue. &ndash One of the most requested recipes in my house. It&rsquos like a burst of cinnamon and chocolate right there on the sweet spot!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who&rsquod like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy dessert ideas board on Pinterest.
Click here to learn a bit more about me and the family of Ruffles and Rain Boots or email me at Sarah @ Ruffles and Rain Boots .com
How to make strawberry frosting fudge
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- You may also use an 9-inch square pan if that is what you have, but the fudge will be a bit thinner.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl place 2 2/3 cups white chocolate chips and a 12-ounce can of store-bought strawberry frosting. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Use the residual heat to stir the mixture well until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. This may take a minute or two. If necessary, microwave for additional 15 second intervals.
- Alternatively, melt the chocolate and frosting in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water.
- For best results, melt the chips with heat only until they are about three-quarters of the way melted, then rely on residual heat to fully melt the chocolate chips, rather than adding additional heat. This prevents scorching.
- I find that Nestle white chocolate chips melt a bit thinner than Ghiradelli brand. So if you’re using the latter, you may want to reduce the number of chocolate chips to 2 1/2 cups.
- Scrape the fudge evenly in the prepared pan and chill until firm, about two hours. Lift the fudge out of the pan by grasping the edges of the foil and cut into squares.
- OPTIONAL: If you like, sprinkle heart sprinkles on top of the fudge after you pour it into the pan.
5-Minute Strawberry Shortcake Fudge
Sweet and crunchy Nilla wafer cookies, strawberry frosting, slivered almonds, and white chocolate chips come together in this super simple and fast 5-Minute Strawberry Shortcake Fudge! Ready in minutes, this decadent 5-Minute Strawberry Shortcake Fudge will satisfy your sweet tooth! Perfect gift for your Valentine!
Had to. Had to do it. I love this 5-Minute Biscoff Cinnamon Bun Fudge so much that I had to make a Valentine’s Day version, so I came up with this 5-Minute Strawberry Shortcake Fudge. I remembered finding prepared cherry frosting last year around Valentine’s Day, and originally, I wanted to make this a Cherry Almond Fudge. That was my grand plan.
But I think it’s a seasonal item. I was waiting for it to pop up again in stores so that I could make it, but as soon as I gave up, I spotted it. Too little, too late!
I’d already headed in a new direction with this 5-Minute Strawberry Shortcake Fudge, so it all worked out. I have the cherry frosting in hand now too, so maybe I should make that anyway. At least prepared strawberry frosting is something you can find year-round!
If you decide to make this recipe in the summertime when a craving for strawberry shortcake hits and you need a fast fix, you’ll be set.
This 5-Minute Strawberry Shortcake Fudge hardly feels like I settled though. Cherry would be great, but this is delightful too.
There’s a very short list of ingredients to make this fudge, and they are all easy to find. The prep time is seriously 5 minutes. Yes, okay, you have to then wait for the fudge to set, and that takes a little bit of time in the fridge, but you are only dedicating 5 working minutes to making this 5-Minute Strawberry Shortcake Fudge.
Combine the strawberry frosting with white chocolate chips in the microwave, stir in a little almond extract (just for good measure and to give dimension to the fudge’s flavors), and fold in crushed vanilla wafers or vanilla sandwich cookies.
This 5-Minute Strawberry Shortcake Fudge recipe is foolproof. Tastes just like strawberry shortcake in fudge form.
Nobody has to know that you made it in under 300 seconds!
I have a BUNCH of these super quick & easy fudge recipes that prep in about 5 minutes, so for other options, check out this crazy popular recipe for 5-Minute Pina Colada Fudge. It’s unbelievable! I also adore this Lemon Cream Pie Fudge that’s ready in about 10 minutes, and so, so good.
I have a few peanut butter-based ones: 5-Minute Peanut Butter Cup Fudge and White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Fudge. Regular chocolate or white chocolate, pick your poison!
There’s this 10-Minute Candy Corn Fudge (I loooooove it!) too, and it’s soooo good for fall and Halloween!
Please note: This is an overview of the instructions. You'll find the complete instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Prepare the baking dish. Mix the frosting and extract together thoroughly. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, on 50% power, stirring often, until smooth.
- When the chips are completely melted, stir in the frosting and the sprinkles, mix well.
- Spread the fudge batter in the 8x8 dish. Top with additional sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate to set, slice, and enjoy!
Of course! If you don't have a microwave build double boiler by placing a pan on the stove filled with an inch of water. Top with a heat safe bowl.
Pour the chips in the bowl and allow the white chocolate to melt slowly, stirring often. Once most of the chips are melted remove the bowl and stir until the remaining chocolate is melted
Yes you can and wouldn't that be pretty? Using a heart shaped mold will make each bite even more sweet! Just allow the fudge to completely set before removing it from the mold.
Using an 8x4 loaf pan would also be pretty - just cut it into long slices! Be sure to prepare the molds or loaf pan so the hardened fudge can be easily removed.
Yes, this yummy Strawberry Fudge recipe freezes great! Wrap it well or place it in an airtight container and freeze for up to three months.
Making treats together is always a fun project for the family! Make a double batch and freeze some to enjoy at a later time!
Strawberry & Fudge Puffs Recipe
I have a love for puff pastry. I even took a class last year at my local community college so I could learn how to make it at home. Puff pastry isn’t something easy or fast to make so with this recipe I cheated and used the Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry along with some other tasty ingredients to bring a perfect little treat.
These are fairly easy to make. Bake the Puff Pastry Cups per directions on package. Once they are done push the centers down and allow about 5 minutes to cool before you add filling.
Once they are cooled you stuff them with the Strawberry Creme Mouse. I filled each of the cups and added a little to the top.
Next step is to add a little fudge to the top. I love the strawberry + chocolate combo.
Then since I really like chocolate I added some shavings of white chocolate to the top. I also made some of the puff pastry cups without the hot fudge topping
These are delicious and super easy to make. Here is the recipe for my Strawberry & Fudge Puffs that I used: