We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced with peel, seeded
- 2½ tablespoons coarse sea salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1½ pounds onions, halved, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 1½ tablespoons harissa sauce or other chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 6 grilled hot dog buns or 12x8- or 12x9-inch lavash sheets
- 6 grilled all-beef hot dogs
Bring lemons, lemon juice, and sea salt to a boil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cover and simmer until lemons are tender, about 12 minutes. Uncover; simmer until liquid thickens to a syrup, about 8 minutes. Transfer syrup to a medium bowl and cool. Chop lemon slices; add to bowl. Mix in cilantro, mint, oil, and garlic.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover; cook until onions are golden, stirring often, about 25 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp. harissa and ½ cup water. Simmer until water is absorbed, 4–5 minutes. Add more harissa, if desired.
Spread hummus on buns or crosswise on each lavash sheet. Top each with grilled hot dog, then onions and relish. Roll up lavash, if using, and serve.